Umbraco Server: aspx-files return 404.3 Not Found Error

0
53

I came accross a weird problem today. I set up a new virtual server for an umbraco page and for some (or all) .aspx-files I would get an 404 error saying:

404 – File or Directory not found
The ressource you are looking for might have been removed, had it’s name changed or is temporaly unavailble.

Of course the files were present on the server and as far as I can tell this is not a permission problem.
So I checked out the more detailed error on the server:

HTTP Error 404.3 – Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Update

So I finally solved this one.

I had to go to the server manager and edit Programs and features. Here I installed HTTP Activation. You can find it on windows server 2012 under:
.NET Framework 4.5 Features / WCF Services

In my case this created a new problem:

Could not load type ‘IsapiModule’

For this I had to install the Roles ISAPI Extension and ISAPI Filter. I also had to activate .Net-Framework 2 and 4 for my AppPool.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask follow up questions.

Second Update

I also found out later that my Plesk has a button for this. I just have to switch to advanced mode to be able to select which Frameworks should be applied to my AppPools.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here